Research is the application of systematic, innovative technologies in the field of health and nursing to increase quality, efficiency, effectiveness and cost control in health care activities.OBJECTIVE OF RESEARCH
- Promoting health and preventing disease.
- Improving quality of life through self-management, symptom management, and care giving.
- Eliminating health disparities.
- To validate improvements in health care practices.
- To make healthcare efficient and cost effective.
- To improve quality of patient care.
- To improve level of patient satisfaction.
- Research is always directed towards the solution of a problem.
- Research is always based on empirical and observational evidence.
- Research involves precise observation and accurate description.
- Research emphasize to the development of theories, principles, and generalizations.
- Research is characterized by systematic, objective and logical procedures.
- Research is marked by patience, courage and measured activities.
- Research requires that the researcher has full experience of the problem being studied.
- Research is replicable.
The presentation discusses the various types of research which can be undertaken in a hospital, how to conduct a research and how to present or write a research proposal.