A good working knowledge of the law in this regard, coupled with a thorough understanding of the correct method of dealing with legal aspects helps one to build confidence over riding the fear of LAW
The Legal aspects of medical practice broadly covers two areas of medical laws:
- Medical Jurisprudence : It deals with legal aspects of medical practice.
- Forensic Medicine : It deals with medical aspects of law.
SOURCES OF LAWS:
- PRIMARY SOURCES
- Laws passed by the Parliament or the State Legislative
- Ordinances passed by the President and the Governor
- Subordinate legislation: Rules and regulations made by the executive through the power delegated to them by the Acts.
- SECONDARY SOURCES:
- Judgments of the Supreme Court, High Court and Tribunals (The ratio decedendi is a binding precedent)
- Judicial legislation
- Judgment of Foreign Courts
- International Treaty
Hope this learning will help you in day to day practice as a hospital administrator
Legal aspect of medical care