Every citizen under the constitution has a right to know the functional status of Government or Public offices. RTI secure access to information that is under control of Public Authorities.
The basic objective is, :
- To provide a legal framework of citizens’ democratic right to access to information under the control of public authorities.
- To promote transparency.
- To promote accountability.
- Better record keeping and decision making.
Ideals of any law which should provide transparency to its citizens must provide:
- Maximum Voluntary Disclosures by public authorities.
- Easily accessible – cost effective,
- Provided in local language, and effective method of communication locally.
- Independent and Non-judicial appellate mechanism.
- Stringent Penalty for defiance of the act.
- Empowerment of citizens as per the rights under constitution.
Hospital Administration Made Easy
Subscribe to this blog via e-mail from the right panel, or click here to subscribe to free RSS updates so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you and your hospital!
Also, we would love it if you would provide us some feedback and leave a comment below.