The main functions of a Hospital Laundry are:-
- Supply to be made on regular basis.
- In a acceptable quality and within a reasonable cost to the hospital.
- Steps to be taken to prevent cross infection.
- Supply of good, clean and fresh linen to patients, is a method of great satisfaction for patient and increases the public image of the hospital
Laundry service being a supportive service can also be out sourced. There are three types of provisioning Linen in the Hospital :-
- Mechanized Laundry in the hospital.
- Out sourcing of Linen supply.
- Co-operative hospital Laundry.
Mechanized laundry is the best service method of linen supply for a large hospital because:-
- Loss and damage to linen reduced.
- Regular, quality linen supply ensured.
- Safe handing of soiled and infected linen.
- Complete control on washing formula for different types of linen.
The following presentation discusses the planning and management of a Mechanised Laundry in a large Hospital .
Hospital Administration Made Easy