CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT
We have already discussed the various challenges facing a Hospital. To again summarize:-
- Rapid development in Med. Tech.
- Increase Health awareness of people
- Rapid Urbanization
- Increase demand for better facilities
- Active participation of Media
- Legal involvements in hospital affair
- Maintaining peaceful internal environment
- Increased Political interference
- Better and quick communication facilities
- Competitive private health care facilities
- Increase in Senior Citizens
- Higher level of consumers expectations
- Marketing of hospital services
- The biggest nature of challenge is from the Wish list of health care institution, expanded need list of professionals and demand list of users (patient), people and community
The provisions of this act are in addition to and not in degradation of any other law for the time being in force. The sole aim of this act is “To protect the interests of the Consumer.” In view of the risks under CPA all medical professionals must know:
- What is the content of this Act.
- What are various implications
- How to protect you and your hospital from the clutches of this Act.